Modeling in (mostly) 1/72nd scale (and any other subject that catches my attention - author suffers from acute "shiny item" syndrome)
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Matchbox Classic Cars 5-Pack from 2008
I was excited to find this Matchbox 5-pack just the other day at Walmart. I believe it was originally issued in 2008, so not sure why it's just making it to a shelf. Every car in it is a winner, so quickly snapped it up.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
It's a Judy Jetson style "Ooh yes I'm jealous!" moment having incidentally run into this bit of surprising treasure while doing a pic search for Matchbox Mini (classic) cars hoping to find 1 of the little orange doohickey #29 (stickered as such, hardly their greatest creativity there 😆), as I'm nearly to the end of a remarkable little YT documentary about the history of those cars, truly a gripping, absorbing rise & fall story for the ages both of cars & industry - & found not only 1 such pic (I didn't feel like going through the 432 of my oldest collection in their 9 clear plastic cases (which to my shock are on ebay these days for double-digit prices! 😵💫😨😳) to find it), whereupon a burgundy original resulted, which I hadn't before seen & so ain't got (an especial aggravation being a from birthday hometown Washington Redskins devotee! 🤫), but will have to search for one for sure! Somehow this red one caught me - which I am no fan of red vehicles (yellow & especially silver 🤮 either) - along with the Neat Trick website name, & so of course wandered inside, to be more aggravated by the other vehicles displayed herein which I likewise don't have - & kick myself anew for not embarking way sooner on a campaign of reacquiring the 432 STOLEN latter-day MB/HW collection, in their original packaging 🤬, which left me with a small number of untouched ones that were in a separate overlooked box, along with the 9 cases & several loose rigs (my prized Brad Johnson QB #14 Redskins truck wasn't touched! 🥳), but having bought recently a few ebay samples - though without having a list of the snatched ones rebuilding them exactly is not possible 🤧 - including a couple of HW Ford Aerostars (my favorite van & an '89 1 I had for 142,659 miles/8 years until some Emmy Grant in an older Cutlass t-boned her out of existence 😠😡🤬), I'm certainly looking forward to revitalizing my cute little collection, which happily the 2nd oldest acquisition wise/oldest currently, a '69 MB #18 Field Car - generic names were on the loose in that crowd back then! 🙄 - is Still Intact, but the prospect of more cases to house any loose ones, At Those Rates!, does not appeal It'll still be a journey as exciting as the long years it took to put that original assemblage together, & thanks much for this info & the pics therewith that will enhance the hunt! 🚗 🏇 🏁
1 comment:
It's a Judy Jetson style "Ooh yes I'm jealous!" moment having incidentally run into this bit of surprising treasure while doing a pic search for Matchbox Mini (classic) cars hoping to find 1 of the little orange doohickey #29 (stickered as such, hardly their greatest creativity there 😆), as I'm nearly to the end of a remarkable little YT documentary about the history of those cars, truly a gripping, absorbing rise & fall story for the ages both of cars & industry - & found not only 1 such pic (I didn't feel like going through the 432 of my oldest collection in their 9 clear plastic cases (which to my shock are on ebay these days for double-digit prices! 😵💫😨😳) to find it), whereupon a burgundy original resulted, which I hadn't before seen & so ain't got (an especial aggravation being a from birthday hometown Washington Redskins devotee! 🤫), but will have to search for one for sure! Somehow this red one caught me - which I am no fan of red vehicles (yellow & especially silver 🤮 either) - along with the Neat Trick website name, & so of course wandered inside, to be more aggravated by the other vehicles displayed herein which I likewise don't have - & kick myself anew for not embarking way sooner on a campaign of reacquiring the 432 STOLEN latter-day MB/HW collection, in their original packaging 🤬, which left me with a small number of untouched ones that were in a separate overlooked box, along with the 9 cases & several loose rigs (my prized Brad Johnson QB #14 Redskins truck wasn't touched! 🥳), but having bought recently a few ebay samples - though without having a list of the snatched ones rebuilding them exactly is not possible 🤧 - including a couple of HW Ford Aerostars (my favorite van & an '89 1 I had for 142,659 miles/8 years until some Emmy Grant in an older Cutlass t-boned her out of existence 😠😡🤬), I'm certainly looking forward to revitalizing my cute little collection, which happily the 2nd oldest acquisition wise/oldest currently, a '69 MB #18 Field Car - generic names were on the loose in that crowd back then! 🙄 - is Still Intact, but the prospect of more cases to house any loose ones, At Those Rates!, does not appeal It'll still be a journey as exciting as the long years it took to put that original assemblage together, & thanks much for this info & the pics therewith that will enhance the hunt! 🚗 🏇 🏁
Post a Comment