Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day - litho aircraft carrier (manufacturer unknown)


Fathers Day gift from my daughter and son
My kids gave me a tin lithographed aircraft carrier for Father's Day, proudly displayed above.  I believe that it was made in Japan, but can't verify that.  It's big - 37 inches long, and about 10 inches wide.  Marked with "414".  The island has what appears to be a radar dish, marked as ± 3.  The elevator still works, and the whole toy is on wheels.



The toy came with two friction motor airplanes.  I can't tell if these are original with the toy or not. I believe that they were both made by Saito.  The motors work, but aren't in great condition.  The USAF jet appears to be a F-80 Shooting Star, and is missing its tail.  I'm not sure what the Navy jet is supposed to represent.



The lithograph is in pretty good condition.  Some minor wear.


The P-51 is die-cast.  Not sure of its manufacturer, either.  About 1/100 scale.









No comments: