Monday, June 4, 2012

Deluxe Reading Operation X500

According to Wikipedia, Deluxe Reading was a toy manufacturer based in Elizabethtown, NJ, which produced toys under several names including: Deluxe Topper, Deluxe Toy Creations, Reading Deluxe, Topper Corp, Topper Toy Group, and Topper Toys. The Topper Toys brand was most used in print advertisement and television commercials (children's TV).

Operation X500 was manufactured in the early 1960s

The Children's Museum has one on display.









This was before my time, but I so want one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad got this for me and my brother when I was 5 years old, and it remains my favorite Christmas as a child! My dad has no recollection of this, even though he must have spent all night assembling it! I wish I still had it, it was totally fun and interactive, launching missiles and the rocket all over the place. Bell, lights and clackers added to the excitement, this was indeed the best toy ever!