Sunday, May 25, 2014

Basement Bessie

In honor of the 98th Indianapolis 500 held today, some photos I snapped while passing through the Indianapolis Airport. Photos taken at the Colonel H. Weir Cook Terminal.



Indianapolis Airport
The Russo-Nichels Special, affectionately known as Basement Bessie. A good synopsis of its history can be found here: http://speedwaysightings.wordpress.com/2007/05/26/the-russo-nichels-special-aka-basement-bessie/
Although I grew up in Indianapolis, I am not really a racing fan. Didn't find out until I was writing this post that the car, indeed built in a basement, was fabricated in Hammond, IN, not far from where my wife grew up.


Indianapolis Airport



Indianapolis Airport




Indianapolis Airport


Indianapolis Airport

Indianapolis Airport

Indianapolis Airport

No comments: