Sunday, December 29, 2013

Amercom 1/72 BM-13 Katyusha

As I get rid of some of my unbuilt models I have started to replace them with built kits. Here is a 1/72 scale BM-13 Katyusha by Amercom. Amercom, as best I can tell, is a partwork company from Poland. I am jealous of the European modelers for a number of reasons, among them that the partwork concept never really took off here in the States.

Overall its a nice little model, and saves me the time of building it myself. I picked it up through Diecast Direct, but have also ordered the models through Amazon. They are cheaper through Amazon, and my last orders included free shipping, so I saved around $7 per model.
 
The model does have a plastic sheen to it, and I'm not fond of the winter camouflage, so I may attempt a re-paint. Its touted as a diecast kit, but it is in fact mostly plastic. Still, all in all a good kit for the money.




No comments: