Thursday, September 27, 2012

World War I Staff Cars

I went to a toy fair the other day and was able to pick up some reasonable priced World War I era cars.  They were not in their original packaging, but I believe that they were made by High Speed and were given away as part of a Reader's Digest promotion.  

1906 Rolls Royce (I believe - it could also be a Pierce Arrow)
Rolls Royce next to AHM kit 5801 "3 houses under construction"


1901 Fiat modello 8 CV

1910 Ford Model T

1914 Vauxhall

Group photo
RPM Ford MMGS kit (l) and High Speed Model T (right)
There is no scale given, and I am guessing that these are 1/64 scale or so.  The wheels are horrendous, but the general look is OK.  I am hoping that a paint job and some minor tweaking will make these kits suitable for World War I staff cars.  There aren't too many cars of that era in the smaller scales, so I will take what I can get.

Ford MMGS with Rolls Royce behind (Arifix Mk I in background)
Another group shot 

No comments: